General Office Policies
- Saturday appointments must be scheduled on Saturday. They are not “drop-in” appointments. Saturday appointments are available for semi-urgent problems, for example: ear infection, cough, cold, etc.
- Woodinville Pediatrics is NOT a walk-in or urgent care clinic. We often get parents who “pop-in” with their child who was just sent home from school or just fell on the playground, etc. If your child has a condition that you feel needs to be treated immediately, please call first.
- Prescription refill requests require at least 2 business days’ notice.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks if you are requesting copies of your medical record.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time if it will be your first appointment at our office.
- If your child is being seen for a Well Child Check and you have other concerns that are not related to routine wellness care, those concerns may generate other charges to your insurance.
- If you are late for your appointment by 15 minutes or more, you might be asked to reschedule. Please provide 24 hours notice of cancellation to avoid a $50 charge.
- We charge $50 for a no show fee.
- Medical supplies given to you at a visit can be billed to your insurance. These items pay not be a covered benefit.
- If you plan on sending your child with a grandparent or nanny, please be sure you have filled out a Medical Consent Form.
Billing and Financial Policy
Charges for medical care at Woodinville Pediatrics are based on the complexity of the medical problem, time spent, and our costs. If you have insurance coverage that we are contracted to accept, we will bill them for you as a courtesy. It is your responsibility to know what services are covered and what benefits you have. If your child is covered by two plans, we need this information before your first visit.
In order to reduce the costs associated with repeated billing we ask the following:
- If there is a change in your insurance coverage, please notify the clinic as soon as possible
- Please be prepared to show your insurance card at each visit.
- If you currently do not have insurance or insurance coverage cannot be verified, payment will be requested at the time of service.
- We require our office forms be update annually to ensure that we have the correct information for you. Incomplete or incorrect information can result in non-payment from your insurance.
- It is the policy of Woodinville Pediatrics to collect certain information for billing purposes. Some of this information is personal and will be kept confidential.
- If your insurance is one that we do not bill directly, please ask for a copy of the charge slip after each visit so that you can apply for reimbursement as soon as possible.
- If your insurance plan has an office visit co-pay you need to be prepared to pay at each visit. Co-payments not paid at the time of service will be subject to a $25.00 billing fee.
Well Child Care = Preventative Care
If your child is scheduled for a Well Child Exam, your insurance may call this a Preventative Care Exam. Sometimes your insurance companies have a limit on the number of Well Child Exams that they will cover in a calendar year.
We follow standards of the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics). Well child exams are generally done at 10-14 days, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 15 months, 18 months, 2 years, 2 ½ years, 3 years and then yearly thereafter. Most insurance plans cover these; however since we cannot quote insurance benefits, please call your carrier.
We encourage you to contact your insurance and find out what your benefits are. During a Well Child Exam, if you have a concern about a separate problem, you may incur separate charges for that visit. We are required to follow specific coding laws to communicate to your insurance what was performed during your visit. Your insurance may or may not cover those additional charges and those charges may become your responsibility.
With all of the changes in healthcare, we would like to inform our patients that not everything is included under your “preventative care” benefits. Each insurance company has very specific criteria for what they cover under preventative care.
If your provider performs additional tests or services during the same visit that are not covered under your preventative benefits, you may have to pay coinsurance, co-pay or your deductible.
We understand the unpredictable nature of illness and injury. Please contact us at 425-483-5437 if a major, unexpected medical expense should occur. We are happy to negotiate a payment plan with you.
If you feel an error has been made on your account, all request for adjustments must be made in writing, as telephone calls will not preserve your rights under the Federal Truth in Lending Regulations. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Checks and cash.
Forms and Medical Records Requests
Please allow 1-2 weeks if you are requesting copies of your medical record.
Please allow 2 business days if you are requesting a medical form, sports form, or other form to be signed by your provider. Commonly requested forms are located here.
Prescription refill requests require at least 48 hours notice. If you need a refill on a non-controlled medication, please call your pharmacy first.
Notice of Privacy Practices
See separate document here.
If you wish to opt out of participation in the Health Information Exchange, fill out this form.