We request that you pay your co payment and any non-covered services when you check in for your appointment. Payment may be made with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Debit Card. Woodinville Pediatrics has a $20 fee for returned checks.
If you provide accurate and complete insurance information, we will file your insurance claim with your primary insurance company as a courtesy to you. Please bring your insurance card with you to every appointment and promptly inform us of any changes in your insurance coverage.
Your insurance company determines what services the physician is paid for and what amount will be billed to you. Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for co-payments, co-insurance, a deductible, or non-covered services. You will be responsible for the unpaid balance. We recommend that you become familiar with your policy including what is and is not covered by your plan.
You are ultimately responsible for all fees relating to the care of your child. Your health insurance policy is an agreement between you and your health insurance carrier.
If you do not have insurance, you are expected to make payment in full at the time of your visit.
Our office participates with many of the major plans in the Puget Sound region including:
- Blue Cross
- United HealthCare
It is always wise to verify current participation for any physician with your plan customer service.
Charges for medical care at Woodinville Pediatrics are based on the complexity of the medical problem, time spent, and our costs. If you have insurance coverage that we are contracted to accept, we will bill them for you as a courtesy. It is your responsibility to know what services are covered and what benefits you have. If your child is covered by two plans, we need this information before your first visit.
In order to reduce the costs associated with repeated billing we ask the following:
- If there is a change in your insurance coverage, please notify the clinic as soon as possible
- Please be prepared to show your insurance card at each visit.
- If you currently do not have insurance or insurance coverage cannot be verified, payment will be requested at the time of service.
- We require our office forms be update annually to ensure that we have the correct information for you. Incomplete or incorrect information can result in non-payment from your insurance.
- It is the policy of Woodinville Pediatrics to collect certain information for billing purposes. Some of this information is personal and will be kept confidential.
- If your insurance is one that we do not bill directly, please ask for a copy of the charge slip after each visit so that you can apply for reimbursement as soon as possible.
- If your insurance plan has an office visit co-pay you need to be prepared to pay at each visit. Co-payments not paid at the time of service will be subject to a $25.00 billing fee.
WELL CHILD EXAM = PREVENTATIVE CARE:
If your child is scheduled for a Well Child Exam, your insurance may call this a Preventative Care Exam. Sometimes your insurance companies have a limit on the number of Well Child Exams that they will cover in a calendar year. We encourage you to contact your insurance and find out what your benefits are. During a Well Child Exam, if you have a concern about a separate problem, you may incur separate charges for that visit. We are required to follow specific coding laws to communicate to your insurance what was performed during your visit. Your insurance may or may not cover those additional charges and those charges may become your responsibility.
With all of the changes in healthcare, we would like to inform our patients that not everything is included under your “preventative care” benefits. Each insurance company has very specific criteria for what they cover under preventative care.
If your provider performs additional tests or services during the same visit that are not covered under your preventative benefits, you may have to pay coinsurance, co-pay or your deductible.
We understand the unpredictable nature of illness and injury. Please contact us at 425-483-5437 if a major, unexpected medical expense should occur. We are happy to negotiate a payment plan with you.
If you feel an error has been made on your account, all request for adjustments must be made in writing, as telephone calls will not preserve your rights under the Federal Truth in Lending Regulations. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Checks and cash.
If you feel you have special financial circumstances, please contact our Billing Coordinator to make individual arrangements, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, at 425 483 5437, option 4. We want to work with you to resolve any billing concerns and assure that your account remains in good standing.